Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Frustration!


stressI have shared with you that I am on the road to turning a manuscript into an e-book. And I have talked about all of the things I need to get done.

Well, frankly I’m ready to break something. I’m behind schedule on just about everything. The only thing that is saving my bacon is that I always allow way more time than I really need, but that’s not helpful at the moment.

Today I had a list of things to do and I got precious few of them completed. The day started out well. I got up early and went for a walk. I came home and put myself to work. Things were going fine. I had everything scheduled.

The first problem happened when the repairmen that were supposed to come at nine and move a gas line didn’t come until ten. I purposely planned tasks that could easily be interrupted for that time slot. I got all of those done before they arrived because there were no interruptions.

At ten I move to writing, working on my WIP. I can’t count the number of times I had to leave the computer and move something, turn something off, turn it back on again. And every time I got up I had a heck of a time remembering what was supposed to be said in the dialogue. I’m trying to set up the climax, for crying out loud. I love writing action scenes, but they have to be set up meticulously.

So I decided to leave that and work on the breastplate. I’m  in the craft room setting up the mold, taping everything in place so that the bloomin’ thing won’t shift when I pour the plaster in it. The duct tape is sticking to the plastic drop cloths. The braces shift because I’m removing the tape from the plastic.

Finally I get it all set up. So now I’m mixing the plaster. The dog runs by. I still don’t know how he got caught in the plastic sheeting, but the mold starts sliding off of the table. Now remember I’m mixing plaster and have a short window of time to get it poured.

I grab at the plastic to keep the mold from hitting the floor. The piece of board I’m using to stir falls on the floor. Now I have to mop up the spill before the dog gets into it. I get it all cleaned up and I’m ready to finish mixing the plaster, but it’s hardened in the bucket. SCREAM!!

Okay, it’s time to call the husband and have him break the plaster out of the bucket. I get in the car to go for more plaster, but the city inspector just arrived to check the new gas line. I have to stay because my husband has an appointment.

I gave up! I am now sitting in front of the TV watching old episodes of Mission Impossible on Netflix. I feel like they understand my day.

No comments: