Sunday, July 17, 2011

Back in the Saddle


saddled horseThere have been too many interruptions. To be honest most of them have been self imposed. Now it’s time to settle down and get to work.

Today I was talking with a friend bemoaning my need for a second critique group and not being able to find one. True to her nature, Diana Guerrero let me have it in spades. She’s an awesome writer and the facilitator of my very first writing group.

She knows me and my writing very well so I can’t get around her at all. She said that I’m holding myself back and many other things that I will not mention here. So here’s what she said.

“Everybody can write, but not everyone has talent. Get out of your own way. It’s time to grow up. Find a writing partner, and get to it.”

When it comes to writing and what I’m doing, or not doing, I can count on Diana for the voice of truth! Since I don’t want another '’put on your big-girl pants’ discussion, this is what I’m doing.

I have contacted a fellow children’s writer and asked her to become my writing partner, revamped my writing schedule, and just doing it. So…officially, I’m back in the saddle.

No comments: