Friday, November 04, 2011

Fridays R 4 Fun


dum dumsHalloween is over, but my mind is stuck on candy and all things sweet. One of the things I enjoy watching on TV is the confectionery competitions on the Food Network. When Life calms down a bit I plan on trying my hand at the art of pulled sugar.

In the meantime, I’ll share with you how sugar can be beautiful and sweet at the same time.
sugar flowers While this sculpture is gracefully uncomplicated it intricate in its execution. Imagine ‘pulling’ each one of those petals and placing them in just the right spot.   sugar swan This one requires not only artistry, but balance from an engineering perspective. sugar spring fair I can’t even begin to comment on the complexity of this piece.The movement and color in this remind me of a fair in springtime. sugar dragon This piece is filled with beauty and emotion. It’s telling a story of intensity, strength, and grace. sugar tiara Who wouldn’t want a tiara filled with jewels, even if the gems are made of sugar.      sugar aquarium And this one is just plain fun!

Have a great weekend.

No comments: