Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

BusydeskOh my gosh…Since I made the decision to e-publish my manuscript, my mind and my desk started looking like this. There are so many things for me to do. I’ve decided on the designer for the cover art. I’ve nailed down what I want the costume to look like. I’ve even engaged the photographer. And that’s only the beginning.

Next is making the costume. Then I have to get the pictures to the designer and find a formatter. As soon as the cover is done I have to get posters made.

All the while, I’m walking through the manuscript one last time to be sure there are no errors and it reads smoothly. I also have to line up reviewers (I’m open to one or two extra if you’d like), set up school visits and book signings. Because the book ties-in neatly with Black History month, I will be launching it at the beginning of February. I have a little time, but not much.

On top of all of this I have to maintain my schedule for the other novels I’m writing. I also have to make time to create the flash fiction and short stories that I’m uploading to my website. Take a look.

I feel buried, but it’s a good feeling!

No comments: