Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Love of Reading

 Children Reading I have always loved to read or to be read to. This could very easily be a picture of me. I read everywhere and everything.

In the morning, getting ready for school, my mother would prompt me (a nice way of saying she fussed) to stop reading and eat my breakfast. In the evening, she would tell me I couldn’t bring my book to the table. I would sneak and read books at my desk in school when I should have been listening to the teacher. Maybe that’s the reason math takes me a bit longer.

In any case, I read every chance I got. I still do. Sometimes there's a war within between reading a new book or writing a new story. When the book wins, I justify it by telling myself, this will help me to be a better writer. And that is the reason this post is late.

What am I reading? It’s a wonderful YA entitled, Zahrah the Windseeker by Nnedi Okorafor-Mbachu.

No comments: