Monday, May 07, 2007

I haven't posted in forever. The truth is that I've been tied up in my writing and not paying much attention to this. I know, not good. The best thing is that I have returned to attending writing events.

Saturday I attended Agent's Day. It was awesome! I took advantage of having a chapter critiqued. The best part is that the agent liked it. She made a few suggestions to improve it and I have begun making those changes.

When I enter the world that I have created and begin communing with the characters, it's like taking a mini vacation. I get a rush of energy that is unbelieveable. But I think I've been making a big mistake.

I've been waiting to 'finish' the current project to begin the next one. If polishing is on-going, then waiting to 'finish' before beginning something new could take forever. I think it's best to start the next one as it comes to me. It will probably cut down on the discouragement and boost the enthusiasm.

What do you think? Let me know.
J

No comments: