Friday, May 18, 2007

Aaaaugh!!! I just heard from the agent I submitted to. Another 'no thank you'. I can't believe I keep subjecting myself to such rejection! It is incredible, and not the good kind. I work at improving and see my writing actually getting better and still no takers.

The only other opportunity is the agent that critiqued the piece. I would love to send it to her, but there is a problem. I submitted the piece to her about a year ago and without her express permission I don't believe I can send it in again.

Since then I have completely revamped it. And in her critique she liked it and even said that the manuscript was "pretty clean". I have looked everywhere to find a physical address to ask permission and no luck. I'm ready to pull my hair out. It seems that no matter where I turn there is another roadblock to the writing career I'm seeking.

Boy, earning a doctorate was a lot simpler than this. I sometimes think about giving up, but that's not likely to happen. I want this too badly. I wish I could figure out just what I'm doing wrong.
J

No comments: