Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Well everyone, I've started writing again. I decided to go back through my science fiction novel to make it the best that I can. Hopefully the process will improve my my skill and maybe one day I can even get published.

Who knows? Certainly not me. Today I write and re-write. I will keep at this until I have something that really works. Something that people want to read and can't put down.

There are several authors' work that I feel that way about; Anne McCaffery, Elizabeth Moon, Nora Roberts as J. D. Robb, and S. L. Veihl. If they can do it, maybe I can too.

I attend a critique group regularly where I present my work. It is difficult to tell if what they enjoy is my gift for expressive reading or the actual work. It's really hard to tell.

I want to take a writing course, but how do I know which one to take? And can it really teach me what I need to know? I often think that a mentor would be more helpful, but how does one get one of those. Any suggestions?

If anybody out there has a suggestion, I would love to hear from them.

J

No comments: