Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Decision Trees

Things are moving along, the text of Warrior of the Egyptian Kingdom has been uploaded, looking at a new short story to upload onto my website, and working through the benefits of starting a newsletter.

This whole newsletter thing has got my mind lost in a flurry of activity. I realize the benefits of creating and maintaining a newsletter, but I'm not sure what to put into it. I get one idea then my brain leaps to a series of others. I've been doing a bit of research, reading different ones and sorting out what I love about what these authors are doing. Each one is personal and at the same time keeps the readers abreast of what is happening in the authors' writing world.

I really want start one and I want it to be good. But I have so many different ideas about what I want this thing to do that I can't seem to focus on any one aspect. My brain keeps jumping from one thing to another. What I want most is to create a conversation with my readers. That is so much easier said than done.

I think I need to go back to making decisions the old fashioned way, writing a list of pros and cons and putting them into a decision tree. At least if I do that, it would give my brain something to focus on and allow it to calm down.

So here we go:
1.  Get a sheet of paper and a pen.
2.  What is the point of the newsletter
3.  Who is it written to
4.  How often is it published
5.
6.
7.

Okay that's as far as I can get before my brain starts squirting thoughts in 20 different directions.

No comments: