Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I've Been Wondering...

I've been wondering about a lot of thing lately. Things like: are there really such things as  wormholes in space and can we travel through them? Does the space-time continuum exist? Other things that takes up a lot of mental real estate are marketing (thinking about it always), new book ideas, the kinds of things that interest people, and things that are just plain fun.

Working on  new books is really fun, but a lot of work. It's really difficult for me to stay on point with completing daily word-counts, discovering new markets and marketing ideas, and keeping my blogs and website up to date. In short, I've not been keeping up with things and that's no good. So I'm going to try something new that I hope will help me.

I know, I know, I've said that before and I'm still in the same boat...falling behind. it leaves me wondering if my problem is a point of discipline or that maybe it's not interesting enough. Wow, that's something to think about. I really don't lack discipline, when I set my mind on a goal, there's nothing that keeps me from accomplishing it. After all, I earned a doctorate in psychology, so I must be pretty disciplined.

That leaves the problem in the interest area. I wouldn't say that I'm bored, everything I write about is pretty interesting to me. So then what's the problem? Hmm...I think the issue lies in (oops, the psychologist in me is showing) my internal rules around what I blog about. So reason I came to the conclusion that I could only blog about writing and whatever that is must be new and fresh to the writing scene. I think that limits me and I end up not having much to blog about.

So here's what I'm going to do. I am officially reinstating Fun Fridays. There were some fun and cool things I found to blog about, not to mention the crazy pictures I ran across. So I'm going back to blogging about the strange things I discover on the internet and elsewhere. But I won't stop there. This time I might even include the more fun things of writing or a silly tale or two.

So what do you think?

No comments: