Friday, November 22, 2013

Fridays R 4 Fun

Do you remember the special or favorite cup you had as a kid? In my family we all had our favorite cups and if somebody else drank out of it...there was no peace in the land. If my brother or sister used my cup my wrath would pour out upon them. They would have to suffer through my constant sniping about anything they said or did for the remainder of that day. That is until Mom or Dad called an end to my barrage or corrections and complaints.

At long last my mother grew  tired of such occurrences and bought us cups with our names printed on them. There could be no confusion about which cup belonged to whom. I still have favorite cups. I keep them on the top shelf so they aren't the first mug someone grabs.

Apparently, I'm not the only person who has a preference for certain cups. Here's what I found on the internet. I must say that there are a few I would never use.

If you haven't seen one before, this is called a plug mug. You remove the plug and no one can use the cup without it leaking. I would have loved to have this growing up.

 Of course you can always try the toxic warning label, but I don't think it will scare anyone enough to get them to leave your cup alone.





.
But if you're not trying to frighten people away and just want to enjoy a good hot beverage with a few cookies, how about this one. It's a good-sized mug with a handy nook for your treats.

Then again, you might like having your treat match your beverage sip for bite...then the cookie cup is for you.
This cup is for those folks it would be wise not to engage in conversation until they've have their morning cup of  whatever. It gives us a bit of warning.
This mug is for the overworked with little to no time for incidentals. It stirs the drink for you.



 These are for the more playful spirited drinkers. You can choose one with a surprise inside or one that comes with a building project.





I would never drink from this cup and certainly not for a brown liquid!

2 comments:

Hobo Annie said...

What fun mugs!! I love the cookie cups...one for storage and one for devouring! When I was little and we visited my Grandma, she had special mugs for us that she'd gotten in the 60's with green stamps, I think. They came with our names printed on them. When I was sixteen, I bought a mug on vacation at Knotts Berry Farm...with my name on it. And when I was dating my hubby, we stopped on a road trip at a restaurant called 'Cindy's' and the coffee mugs all had my name on them! He asked the waitress if he could buy one for me, and she said, "Aw, we have plenty. Just take one." :)

Stephanie, PQW said...

Hey Cindy, it would be great to eat in a restaurant where every mug has my name on it. My name has so many letters it was never printed on anything.