Sunday, July 15, 2012

Revelation!


Dead_Sea_SunriseIt’s time to get serious! If anyone had asked me if I take my writing seriously, my answer would have been, “Of course I do!” I guess you’d have to define the word, seriously.


I've been doing some studying about marketing. That led me to promotion, which led me to platform, and finally to brand. What I've learned so far is that I’ve been playing at this writing thing.

That caused me to have a real ‘sit-down conversation’ with myself. My first revelation was that what I thought was a goal, wasn’t. At the very least it’s not a long-term goal. So I had to set a list of real goals for myself. Then I had to determine what my brand is and following that would be my platform. I’m still in the process of pulling it all together, but I’ve come to the conclusion that what I have is a business!

I never set out the become a business owner. All I wanted to do (or so I thought) was write some books. Well, things are never as simple as we think they are.

So now I have a business name, brand, and platform that I must launch. There are still a lot of things to get in order before that can happen.

What about you? What are your writing revelations?

No comments: