Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Getting Back to Work


alarm clockIt’s time to get back to work. I’ve been distracted with getting the book to print, then spending time with my grandchildren, recovering from the cold from the nether-regions, and now finally I’m ready to get back to work. I sat myself down and had quite a serious discussion about my recent work ethic. It was not pleasant, let me tell you.

One of the things I said was that I needed a list of goals for the year and that it needed to be divided into accomplishable segments. Then I instructed me to write out a schedule that must be followed every day. This schedule must include writing, reading, marketing ideas, research for new stories, and posts for my blog. I told me that there could me no shirking or laying about. Writing is a serious business and I need to handle it that way! Boy, I can be really stern. I got raked over the coals!

Have you have your talk with you about this year’s goals? What did you say? I hope you weren’t as mean as I was.

No comments: