Friday, September 24, 2010

Time to Head Home

It's time to go  home. This is our last night on the road. We've been traveling so long that I'm having difficulty remembering the day and date; although I have to admit it doesn't bother me one bit. It's been pleasurable and exciting. We traveled to places I've never been and spent time with friends I haven't seen in a long while.

Our last stop has been Arizona. It's hot, but no humidity! Now I have a really good reason for not moving east of New Mexico. Visiting is fine but I don't think I could live there. After all, I do enjoy wearing clothes that aren't sticking to me all the time, and dry hair is a definite plus. I have no idea how my friends do it. I've asked them. All they say is 'you get used to it.' Used to it? Why on earth would I want to do that?

So we're relocating here, Prescott, Arizona. It's small enough that things still move slowly, but large enough to provide all of the amenities of the larger cities. It reminds me of my home in Twin Peaks, but not as secluded.

Now I have to plan the move. The worst of it is going through all of our belongings to decide what things we'll take with us. OMG! I can't believe we have so much junk! A lot of it is good junk, though. We have some cool stuff; a potter's wheel, a very large air compressor, a drawing table, bookshelves, and books. I have hundreds of books. Parting with them is going to be really hard.

I guess I could donate them, but that means I won't have them to read anymore. I don't know if I can part with them. So what if I've read most of them, I could always read them again. I've read some of them two and three times. And what about the ones I haven't read yet? Do I donate those, too? Decisions, decisions.

No comments: