Friday, February 05, 2010

What's Hiding in My Mind?

Here's what's hiding in my mind, lots of books waiting to be written. They're rolling around in there, rattling against each other. The better question is, how do I get all of them out without my fingers falling off from the mad tap-tapping of the keyboard? I guess I'll just have to rely on God's superglue. Here's hoping it lasts a few more years, better make that decades.

I have so many ideas bouncing around in my brain, sometimes it's hard to keep them all straight. I write them down so that I don't lose them, but the stack of paper that they're written on is almost to manuscript length! No matter, I am determined to get them done.

A lot of the ideas sound good at first. When I start fleshing one out into a story it becomes apparent that the idea needs a lot more work, more time to 'cook'. There is no way that thing is ready to meet the public.

I got this idea about one story that had a being from another world that wanted to live on Earth. That part isn't so bad. Watching this being experience our planet's lower gravity, teens with extreme fashion, and junk food were a little trite, and that's being kind. I still think it's a decent idea, it just needs more time in the imagination oven.

I would like to think that I'm not the only one who experiences this, but I could be wrong. Does you brain burst with ideas? Do you ever have ideas that just don't hold up under the scrutiny of being put on paper?

No comments: