Saturday, February 27, 2010

WAHOO!!!

Yesterday was the first notification in the Amazon/Penguin novel contest. I made it through the first round. I can't begin to tell you how stoked I am! After I read my name I immediately emailed my critique group to let them know. Their support is wonderful. I got replies from everyone wishing me well and rooting for me to go the distance. I smiled and yelled so much I got a headache and my face hurt. But it was a good ache.

I went to the gym as usual. The excitement pushed me to workout really hard. Between the exercise and the thrill of getting to the next round wore me out. By 9 pm my eyes were seriously at half mast. I forced myself to stay awake a little longer, but not much.

I didn't get much rest, though. I went to sleep, but I dreamed about it the whole night. I woke up this morning with my face aching from all that smiling. I can't wait for the next round of the contest. I so hope I'm still in it.

WAHOO!!!

No comments: