Thursday, January 14, 2010

Another Day in the Neighborhood

I was thinking yesterday about what direction I want my life to take. It seems I often come back to this question. I guess it's because writing is so up in the air for me. I have no idea when someone will like what I write enough to publish it. I have no idea if when I get published what sort of following I'll have. And, at this moment, I'm still learning about connecting and networking in the writing neighborhood.

I read several blogs and I comment on them. Several people read mine and comment there. I'm on facebook and have 'friended' several writers, some published in my genre and some not. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is developing relationships with some of them. I have the members of my critique groups, but I would like more. I'd like to be a part of a social/professional network of writers, especially those who write for children.

Attending conferences and workshops has been a source of connection, but somehow we drop the ball in maintaining that. I have created great connections in the world of psychologists, but I haven't quite figured it out in the writing arena. So I will keep at it until I find the neighborhood and move in.

No comments: