Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Off to the Conference

I'm off to the SCBWI conference. I'm so jazzed I can't wait. This will be my second year attending the full weekend.

Last year I had a manuscript critiqued by none other than David Gale of Simon and Schuster. That was awesome. In that short session I learned so much and got a wonderful shot in the arm about my writing. He liked it. Now I have to write the novel that's going to do more than get noticed. I want it to get picked up. Not sure how to do that, but I will keep working on in until I succeed.

Last week I did the unthinkable. I retired. After a twenty year career in psychology, I was ready for a change. Writing. To be honest, I'm not sure if I can do it, but I'm determined to give it my best shot. Things like attending conferences and worksops keep me going.

I wonder who I'll meet this year. Last year I met really interesting people from all over the globe. I am really excited and hoping to meet and build relationships with wonderful writers. I will try to keep you posted on what I encounter. Post to you soon.

No comments: