Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Missing in Action

I confess. I've been derelict in keeping up with my posting. I have a really good reason not an excuse. A few days ago I heard from an editor that had been quiet about the sample chapter I submitted. It's been about two years. The only thing I could surmise from the silence was that she was not interested. It turns out that wasn't the case at all. I guess the chapters got buried beneath everything else she was doing.

So when I got the email apologizing for the length of response time I was floored. On top of that, she's still interested! Life is full of wonderful surprises.

The email came at a time when I was procrastinating a revision of the manuscript in question. I don't have to tell you the kind of fire that lit under my nether region. So I will keep this post short and get back to it. But I just had to share a bit of sunshine in the writer days of gloom.

Just because you don't hear right away doesn't always mean that they are not interested or that your writing sucks (a personal fear of mine). Sometimes it's just a matter of time management of priorities for the submitee and they will get back to you as soon as they can.

In other words...DON'T GIVE UP.

No comments: