Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back in the Saddle

I've been away for a while. Not really gone anywhere, but working on another revision of an historical novel. It consumed just about every waking moment. It's now finished. I handed over to someone that is well read and very discerning. She has never read any part of it and knows nothing about the story. So it's a cold read. I'm really nervous about what she thinks and what needs to improve (some more).

I read on blogs about beta readers and never thought to do it myself. Why? Who knows? Sometimes I can be a bit thick about these things. But today I am aiming for the stars, and the only way to get there is to revise and rewrite.

I'm shocked at how tired I am having just finished that last revision. I feel like there are no words left in me. It better not last too long, I have other projects to get going on. I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into them. I just wish I had a little more energy. I'm giving myself to the end of the week to rest, then energy or no I'm going back at it.

I absolutely love writing. I love the creation of story in my mind. I love how it churns and grows until I have an idea of  what the story is, where it's is going, who the main character is, and their particular strengths and weaknesses. Then there's the part when the characters begin speaking in my head. These are the things that keep me at it.

What are your favorite things about writing?

No comments: