Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Busy and Loving it!


creative writing logoThings are really moving around here! This week I launched Creative Writing for Kids. It’s an eight week course teaching kids the basics of story structure.

The first class took place on Monday. That was the 8-11 year old group. OMG! They are awesome! Kids that read are a special breed.

Oops, unintentional rhyming, here. But I like it so I’ll leave it. Who knows, maybe one day I’ll turn it into a slogan for something. Anyway, back to the kids.

Their attention skills are phenomenal and because reading is a regular part of their lives, explaining the essentials of what goes into a story was a breeze. They were able to give examples from books they have read without any struggle. And to top that off, they were able to come with examples of their own! I can’t tell you how much I’m enjoying this.

Friday I meet with the 15+ group. Man, am I stoked. I can’t wait to tell you about them.

No comments: