Friday, June 29, 2012

Fridays R 4 Fun!


It’s summertime and that means going to the fair! I love the fair. Every year they introduce all kinds of things. One of my favorites is “fair food”. I get to try new exciting recipes and some things that are just plain strange.

Here’s a list of just a few of the things I have tried at the County Fair.
chicken-fried-baconChicken Fried Bacon – Of course this one was  yummy. Everything is good with bacon!
fried-avocado-Fried Avocado Bite – This wasn’t bad. I would have liked it if they had seasoned the avocado, you know, added some spices to it.
spaghetti-meatball-stickSpaghetti and Meatball on a stick – I haven’t tried this one, but it sounds like something I’d might like.
fried-frog-legsFried Frog’s Legs – I’m not sure I’m this adventurous, yet. I will say that people were eating a lot of these.
hot-beef-sundaeHot Beef Sundae – This screams comfort food. It has nothing to do with ice cream, it just looks like it does. this wonderful dish is made with mashed potatoes, slow roasted beef and gravy, and topped with a cherry tomato. Yum!
pizza-conesPizza Cones – Oh yeah! This one’s for me. A cone of pizza dough filled with sauce, cheese and pepperoni!
krispy-kreme-chicken-sandwichKrispy Kreme Chicken Sandwich – I think I’ll pass on this one, too. I love Krispy Kreme doughnuts, but adding chicken and Swiss cheese just are not for me.
deep-fried-twinkiesDeep Fried Twinkies – This is my husband’s personal favorite! He loves Twinkies. He loves fried foods. Now they’ve been combined…he’s in heaven!
fried-coca-colaFried Coca-Cola – I haven’t tried it but I think I would. Coke flavored batter that’s been deep fried, drizzled with coke syrup, add whipped cream, and dusted with cinnamon-sugar. It actually sounds good to me.
key-lime-pie-stickKey Lime Pie on a Stick – At the fair anything on a stick has to be good! Just think, a frozen slice of key lime pie, dip it in dark chocolate, and put it on a stick. Oh yeah, chow down!
I can’t wait for the fair to begin! What’s your favorite “fair food”?

No comments: