Sunday, June 24, 2012

Writing for My Readers!


book and penPeople have often asked me why I write. The answer is an easy one. I write for the people who will read it.

There is nothing that gives me greater pleasure than finding the perfect word. I love crafting a line that fills the readers’ mind with a panoramic view of what is happening in the story. But I will confess, my favorite thing is creating a character for the reader to hate!

Why? I’m not really sure, but it ties in with making the main character more believable and loveable. It has something to do with getting the reader to cheer for the protagonist’s accomplishments. But, I think most of all it has to do with creating strong emotion within the reader

Now for my next confession, I’ll tell you what a cannot write. I cannot write a character who is weak, at least not yet. I’m sure it’s a personal issue, but I’m positive I can and will overcome it.

Honestly, it doesn’t matter what I write as long as I’m able to take my reader on a journey! That’s my most favorite thing to do, carry the reader to a world that I have created and making them believe it.

No comments: