Saturday, March 27, 2010

I'm Almost Home

We docked in Florida late this morning. Now I'm resting in the hotel. I fly back to California at noon tomorrow. Now for the really interesting news.

On Tuesday I found out that I made it to the quarterfinals in the Amazon/Penguin Breakthrough Novel Contest. Hooray for me! You can read an excerpt of the manuscript on Amazon.com. To do this go to http://www.amazon.com/ and search Nubian Princess by Stephanie Jefferson. You'll be able to download, read, and review it if you have an account with Amazon. If you don't, you can start one. It's very easy and free.

The download is for a Kindle. If you don't have a Kindle (neither do I), first download Kindle for PC, Mac, or iPhone from that same website (also free), then "buy" the excerpt at a whopping price of $0.00 (Why don't they just say it's free?) All of this is FREE.

Once you do this you can read the excerpt and leave a review. I would love for you to tell me what you think. Then May 25 12:01 AM EST through June 2 11:59PM EST you can (must) vote for me. The Grand Prize is a contract with Penguin!!!

Man, am I stoked!

No comments: