Monday, July 06, 2009

Procrastination is the great monster that sits in my lap and keeps me away from the computer. I poke him. I prod him. But he will not get up! I bet if I light a fire underneath his hinder-parts it will get him moving. But if I do that won't that ignite me, too? Isn't that the point?

Okay, Stephanie, you're up. It's back to the grindstone. Write those words. Polish those sentences. Make that manuscript sing!

I just read a blog about creating a platform. There were questions that were intended to help determine the what and how of it. They were great. Not only did it help in terms of the platform, it energized me around my ms. So it's back to the revisions!

I am determined to make it the best it can be. I believe 100 percent in the concept and the story. I just need to think it through, see the character in 3-D. That should work out most of the kinks. I know it can and will work once I put it all together.

I will do what helped me in grad school, set a schedule and stick to it. And as a bonus, I retire at the end of this month and will be able to devote even more time to the project. I will get it done!

In case you're wondering, I'm not all that old. In fact, I'm more than two light years this side of ancient. I needed a break and it was more than time to try something else.

No comments: