Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Well I'm actually on vacation. We attempted to go the the Channel Islands off the coast of California, but rainy weather cancelled the trip. Because you are left alone on the island without a way of leaving, they won't take people there for a day trip in bad weather.

So, instead we took a boat tour around the islands. The boat was a nice one with a snack bar and observation areas. We boarded without problems. As we were leaving the port, the captain announced that we would be out for three hours and that the water would be a little rough because of the weather.

I'm sure those of you who are in my age range know what television theme song popped into my brain. You guessed it, Gilligan's Island. I immediately pulled out my trusty cell phone and called my daughter. I told her the name of the boat, the time we were leaving, the time we were expected back, and that I would call her as soon as we landed. If she didn't hear from me, she was instructed to call the Coast Guard and make them keep looking until they found us.

She laughed at me. Can you believe it and broke into song. You've got it, she sang the theme song all the way through. Kids.

Then we trekked up to Monterey to the jazz festival. It was awesome. To top it off, I ran into an old friend I hadn't seen in years. Today we're in Reno and heading for Boise, Idaho in the morning.

No, before you ask, I haven't gotten any writing done. The plan is that once I finish this post, I'll get some done. I probably should have done that first, but you know how it is when you lack discipline.

J

No comments: