Monday, September 17, 2007

Hi All. I'm going on vacation this week. I hope to get lots of writing done and maybe get some much needed rest too. I'm not sure if I'll be within wifi reach, so I might not be able to keep you 'posted' on my process and progress.

Today I have got to make a declaration. Nothing new. You probably already know about it. It's just that I hope by putting it in writing it will help me.

I am totally convinced that television is the work of the devil! Whenever I watch it all of my creativity and time get sucked away. My mind doesn't flow into the worlds I have created. My characters become stunted and two dimensional. Everything goes flat.

I have got to get some discipline in my life. I had told myself that I could only watch it at night when I get home from work. That's when I really need my mind to be numb. That way I could write in the morning before work and get this project completed.

I was doing okay for about two weeks. And before I knew it, I was back to my old habits again. I have wasted tons of time with that thing blaring at me. And there isn't even anything worth watching! I spend most of the time searching for something to watch. But if I don't turn it on, somehow I think I'm going to miss something.

I have got to stick to a plan that works. This project needs finishing and it needs to be good. If I don't whip myself into shape who knows what will happen?

I know what will happen. My imagination will be flat. Nothing will get completed. And all of my plans and dreams will be a bust.

So J, turn the bloomin' thing off!!

I'll post soon.
J

No comments: