Monday, July 23, 2007

Happy birthday to me! This past weekend I celebrated my birthday with my family. I felt wonderfully loved and honored. I spent much of the time counting the blessings of my life and pondering how I would spend the rest of it. I'll bet those of you who know me know what I'll be doing. Yup, playing with my grandchildren and writing for them.

The story that I'm working on right now seems to have taken on a life of its own in my head. At any given time I can tell you what the characters are doing, feeling, or saying.

Watching how the story turns into words on paper increases my excitement. The only thing better is watching the expression on the faces of those reading the story. I love it!

I watch other people with their hobbies and passions. It's a fever that causes delirium, steals time, and, in many cases, money, too. Fortunately, writing hasn't cost me nearly as much as some of my previous hobbies. Maybe one day it might even bring me some. Who knows?

J

No comments: