Thursday, May 09, 2013

The Business of Writing


open briefcase 2As many of you know, I released the second book of the PRINCESS KANDAKE series in February. Now it’s time for me to work on book #3.

I should be at least half-way through it, but I’m not. I’ve been so busy marketing, promoting, and researching other avenues to market and promote that I’m way behind on my writing schedule. I feel like the tail is truly wagging the dog—an expression I never really understood until now.

There are so many things I should be doing, you know, the social media thing. It’s not that I’m not of Facebook, Twitter, or blogging, because I am. I just realized that I’m not doing it ‘correctly’.

It’s almost like I have to start all over again. I need to change the direction of my Facebook fan page, I need to open a different Twitter account, and I need to blog on a consistent basis. On top of that, I need to start a newsletter! Where on earth am I going to find the time to write? Sheesh!

Well, I guess it’s time to revamp the schedule and dust off the discipline.

No comments: