Sunday, June 19, 2011

So Much to Do










I feel like this tree, snowed under and completely buried. Getting this book ready has been a blast. There are so many things involved in launching it that sometimes I can’t see my way through.

It’s not just making sure that the ms is of the highest quality, nor is it getting things put together for the cover. And to be honest, it’s not even the formatting and getting it uploaded that have got me going nuts. It’s everything else.

It’s what Elizabeth Law of Egmont Publishing said, “For the new author, whether print or electronic, success is based on the platform the debut author builds.” I have to plan for the promotion of the book, get people interested in it, and get them interested in me and what I do. That’s the hard part. And there’s another thing, I have to be really creative in how I arrange ‘book signings’. It’s an eBook!

I doubt that people will want me to sign their Nooks, Kindles, Kobos, or iPads. So I’m brain-storming every moment I can to come up with new and innovative alternatives. One idea is creating mini-posters of the book cover. I’ve even thought of having a rubber stamp that is a caricature of the cover design.

On top of all of this I have to maintain my writing schedule, post on this blog, update Facebook and Twitter, and create new stories for my website. And that’s just the writing part of my life!

It really is a good thing I’m enjoying myself.

No comments: