Monday, June 27, 2011

Lost in the Forest

familiar forestThis is a picture of how I’m feeling right about now. I can see the forest and the trees. There are so many things that I need to be doing. It is difficult for me to prioritize. I’m over-thinking everything.

I try to plan and write my next short story, but my brain circles larger, more complex plots. There’s no way they can be written in under two thousand words. I keep at it, but I just get frustrated. So I think, if my brain only wants to focus on the more complex, then switch gears and work on one of my longer works.

That shouldn’t be a problem. I open the file on my next story in Nubia, but I get stalled. I can’t keep my mind focused. I keep thinking about working on the breastplate and which is the next step in that process.

Fine, I tell myself. That’s both constructive and productive. I walk to my  craft room and stare at the thing. Mind you, I don’t pick up a single tool or material to work with. All I can think about is, I need to work on my website. So I go back to the computer and open to the page that needs work…nothing comes.

It boils down to having so many things to do that I can’t get focused. It has all but paralyzed me. The best thing to do is get back to the basics. Take it all out of my head and write everything down. Once I make a list, it will be much easier to see.

When I get it done, I’ll show you what it looks like.

No comments: