Monday, July 21, 2014

Well, here I am sitting at the computer with fingers flying over the keys. I've got to get book #4 written and ready for revision. I haven't begun to think about the cover yet, I just need to write the story.

It's nice to be back in the halls of the great palace at Nubia, steeped in culture. Sometimes I get so focused that when I come up for air I am often put off by people not behaving as they would be expected to in that ancient kingdom. The place and the characters are so real while I write. I can see everything so vividly.

It would be cool if I could really step backward in time and truly see the people I write about. But then again, maybe not. What I write is fiction and if I were to visit these people their differences from what I make up would be quite disappointing. So for now I'll just satisfy myself with the stories that live within my imagination.

No comments: