Thursday, March 13, 2014

Finding time to Do It All

I'm finding that I have less and less time to do all of the things I need to do as a writer. The list is insurmountable. I do the obvious: write, edit, revise, publish, and market. Then I do the not so obvious: participate in a marketing group, participate in a critique group, learn new technology, maintain blogs, website, and social media. And after that there's more: research for books, research for markets, make appearances, read, and on and on. And that's just the writer portion of my life.

I'm a wife, mother, grandmother, friend, small group leader, neighbor and each of these things requires a significant part of my day. I even have hobbies that I try to keep up with. I try to cut back on some of it, but every time I attempt to cut something out I come up with multiple reasons of why I need to keep it. I'm drowning, but on good days I love it!

The list of things I need to get done this week is overwhelming and I have no idea how I'll do it, but I know that I will. I research time-management tools but those are so time-intensive to maintain I'm much better off without them. So I've come to a decision. I will get done what I can and when I'm running behind on something that should have been done sooner I will be gracious to me and be glad I got it done.

So the byword for today is GRACE!

No comments: