Thursday, November 23, 2006

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving! Wow, another year. I have so much to be thankful for. Friends and family who love me and encourage me. A good mind, although since menopause the memory could use a little help. My health, give or take a cold here or there. Countless blessings! I pray that each one of you is blessed with all of the things you need and many of the things you want.

The first thing I do when I wake up each morning is look out of my bedroom window and enjoy the beautiful mountain view. It often brings me peace and revs up my imagination. That's where many of my stories are conceived.

The mountains in the distance become landscapes for other worlds. The squirrels bouncing in the trees become aliens with unknown talents. And those pesky woodpeckers are actually employed by terrorist cells delivering messages through ancient Morse Code.

I love writing and imagining. My mind is free to roam where ever it will. It is ruled only by the rules I set for it. My secret...? There are no rules.

Today's plan is to write, eat chili (my husband hates turkey), gorge myself on Dr. Pepper and sunflower seeds, and top it all of with cheesecake. What are your plans?
J

No comments: